As we look forward to Independence Day, we’d like to take a moment to salute ten of our favorite baby lines that are made right here in the USA—and to wish everyone a very happy July 4th!
1. Everything from Green Toys is made in the U.S.A. and made from recycled milk jugs. This season’s new collection includes a sweet tractor ($19.99), ferry boat ($24.99), and rocket ($24.99).
2. Vermont-based Maple Landmark crafts the kind of classic blocks, like this 41-piece junior builder set ($54), that every kid should have.
3. The uppercase/lowercase block set from Uncle Goose ($22) skews a little more modern—but Uncle Goose celebrates American history, too, in the form of their 44-piece presidential blocks ($100).
4. It would be hard to find kids’ swimsuits more all-American looking than Snapping Turtle’s Nantucket classic turtle ruffle suit for girls ($62) and trunks for boys ($45).
5. SoCal superstar company Manny & Simon makes the best (post-industrial recycled wood) stepstools ($90) ever. Their assortment of pillows, art, and totes (from $48).
7. Speaking of personalized, Merle & Velma’s organic cotton birth story blankets ($129) are fresh and fabulous.
8. American Apparel’s striped infant one-piece ($12) is summertime perfection. And the flag onesie ($11.50) is tough to beat this week.
9. Our Chicago Scout launched U.S. of Awesome to “kindle the flame of the American spirit”—and we think their kids and babies collection http://www.usofawesome.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=64 (from $16) does this in a very cute way.
10. Photo albums and books from Rag & Bone Bindery are crafted by hand in a Rhode Island studio. We’ve been fans of their baby books for years, and we love that they now offer personalized editions ($92).
Here’s to buying American!