We don’t invest in any baby gear without first running it by our Gear Guy, Jamie Grayson of the BabyGuy Gear Guide. Here are his top five picks for summer travel and outdoor frolicking. And better yet, outdoor napping.
1. Quinny Yezz. This new, lightweight addition to the Quinny line comes with a one-handed fold and rollerblade wheels. It’s so compact when folded that you can store it in the overhead compartment on a plane. $210 for the frame; $69.99 for your choice of colorful seat covers.
2. SnoozeShade. Not only is this a great way to protect your baby from harmful UV rays, but it’s also a blackout curtain. There are models that fit various strollers and playards, delivering sun protection or naptime anywhere you need it. $29.99 to $99.99 at rightstart.com.
3. Cooshee Hyback Booster. Cooshee is back with an easy-to-clean, portable booster seat for dining. Made of comfortable foam with a contoured seat to support a toddler’s legs, the Cooshee is available in several colors to jazz up mealtime. $49.99 at mbeans.com.
4. Baby Jogger Summit X3. The latest Baby Jogger stroller has great suspension, a nice recline, and the ability to make the front wheel swivel or stationary with the flip of a lever (instead of bending over and messing with dirty wheels). It’s ideal for the beach, off-roading, or any urban trail you might find. $429.99 at mbeans.com.
5. MD Moms Sunscreen Towelettes. This is a departure from typical gear, but sun protection is a summer necessity . . . and nothing sucks like a handful of goopy lotion. Which is why I love these wipes. $26 for a 20-pack at mdmoms.com.