Summer Styling 101
Cool Clothes for Hot Weather
It was hot as Hell on the East Coast this weekend, which means moms are scrambling this week to stock up on summer clothes for their kids. With perfect timing, J.Crew’s first-ever Crewcuts catalog will be arriving in mailboxes next week. Being our curious selves, we caught up with Crewcuts head designer Jenny Cooper and begged her for a sneak preview of the catalog—along with some tips on how to wear her favorite pieces from the Spring/Summer collection.
For the girls, Cooper says:
- Wear Jack Purcells with flouncy dresses.
- Wear the ripstop jumper with piles of jeweled bracelets.
- Wear the boys’ utility jacket with a tulle ballet skirt (!) and stacks of “diamond” bracelets!
For the boys, Cooper says:
- Wear cool graphic tees in the new colors (bright tangerine, bright aqua and vintage sage) with cut-off officer’s chinos.
- Wear the utility jacket with a cool graphic color (blue spruce!) tee and the pull-on lightweight chino short.