Made in America
Homegrown brands worth celebrating
As we look forward to Independence Day, we'd like to take a moment to salute ten of our favorite baby lines that are made right here in the USA—and to wish everyone a very happy July 4th!
2. Vermont-based Maple Landmark crafts the kind of classic blocks, like this 41-piece junior builder set ($54), that every kid should have.
5. SoCal superstar company Manny & Simon makes the best (post-industrial recycled wood) stepstools ($90) ever. Their assortment of http://mannyandsimon.com/innerindex.php?link=shop&catid=9>" target="_blank">toys rocks, too.
6. For standout personalized gifts (or just to celebrate our own families), we love K Studio's customizable pillows, art, and totes (from $48).
7. Speaking of personalized, Merle & Velma's organic cotton birth story blankets ($129) are fresh and fabulous.
9. Our Chicago Scout launched U.S. of Awesome to "kindle the flame of the American spirit"—and we think their kids and babies collection http://www.usofawesome.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=64 <http://www.usofawesome.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=64> (from $16) does this in a very cute way.
10. Photo albums and books from Rag & Bone Bindery are crafted by hand in a Rhode Island studio. We've been fans of their baby books for years, and we love that they now offer personalized editions ($92).
Here's to buying American!