Eight great ways to score deals online
Shopping is a lot more fun when you don’t pay full price. (Which explains why every mom we know is addicted to Gilt Children.) Our scouts filled us in on their favorite ways to save money on the Web.
1. Amazon Mom is still something of a secret, even though it launched last fall. For those of you in the dark: sign up for “Subscribe & Save” and get 30 percent off select diapers and wipes, including brands like Pampers, Huggies, and Seventh Generation. Not once, but always. You’ll also get special offers, plus free two-day shipping for up to a year.
2. If you find yourself trolling for products in order to hit Diapers.com‘s $49 minimum for free shipping, remember that you only have to spend $39 if you include at least one item from Soap.com. So toss some floss or deodorant into your cart and save yourself a couple bucks—and a trip to the drugstore.
3. Offering two deals a day on baby and maternity products (BabbaCover carseat covers, Pika Bubi nursing tops), BabySteals.com is hit-or-miss, depending on what you need. But with savings of up to 80 percent, it’s worth hopping on the site when the deals go live—at 9am and 9pm (mountain time), daily.
4. Much like BabySteals, MamaBargains.com touts one deal at a time on things like baby carriers—or crayon carriers—but they showcase as many as ten deals per day (each is available from the time it goes live until it sells out). The offers begin at totally random times, so you have to keep checking back to see what’s up.
5. Organic Deals tracks down deals on—can you guess?—organic stuff. Expect everything from baby- and mom-centric products to food and personal care items for the whole family.
6. BabyCatalog.com isn’t new—in fact it’s decidedly old-school in terms of web design—but it’s worth a look when you’re shopping for a specific item, because much of the merchandise (a solid selection of must-have basics) is always sold at a nice little discount.
7. Sign up for Heartsy, which launched on Valentine’s Day this year (get it? Hearts-y?), to score a daily deal on homemade Etsy-type stuff from all over the web, including plenty of goodies for babes, moms, and home.
8. Before paying full price on anything, you should check a coupon aggregator like couponmountain.com, and always Google the brand you want along with the word “coupon” to see what pops up.