2010 Holiday Survival Guide: Jamie Grayson
Merry-making, life-saving tips from the StrollerTraffic Experts
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Or so the song goes. To give the lyric a little street-cred, we asked the trusted StrollerTraffic Expert Panel for tips on what we can all do to get ourselves—and our tots—through the holidays safely, peacefully, joyfully, and in style.
Gear Guy Jamie Grayson (a.k.a. The Baby Guy) can tell you exactly what to pack when schlepping infants and toddlers. Here are his top five travel essentials.
1. Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light: At just under 11 pounds, it’s nearly 20 pounds lighter than standard pack N’ play options. Since the mattress rests on the ground, it lasts much longer as well. Worth every penny.
2. GoGoKidz Travelmate: Hands-down, the easiest way to travel should you need a car seat on the plane. Great wheels (like those on a Razr Scooter) make it easy to maneuver, and it attaches to convertible car seats in a flash.
3. Baby Dipper Baby Bowl and Spoon: The bowl has a non-slip surface and the interior slopes downward toward one corner so that you can “shovel” the food together easier and feed with one hand.
4. The Wean Machine: Put cooked or soft fruits and vegetables into this gadget, press the handle, and you have instant fresh baby food. Comes with a spoon and cover to minimize the mess.
5. Wysi Wipes: It’s a wee cellulose pellet that expands into a large wipe with any liquid—water, aloe water, whatever you want. This way you know exactly what’s going on your child’s skin. And they are super strong, to boot. Kiss regular wipes good-bye.